This movement targets the biceps brachii witha secondary emphasis on the brachialis. You may slant your torso a bit backward to maintain good balance when you grab the bar before starting the exercise, but remember that your upper arms must remain stationary; moving them will take off stimulation from the biceps.
1. Stand between two high cable machines, Your abdomen should be pulled in. your shoulders back, and your head in line with your spine.
2. Grasp the handles with a palms-up grip, positoning your upper arms as close to parallel to the floor as possible.
1. Exhale and curl the handles toward you until they are close to your forehead while flexing your biceps. The upper arms should remain still-only the forearms should move. Hold for one second in the contracted position.
2. Slowly bring your arms back to the starting position as you inhale.
3. Repeat for the recommended number of repetitions.